Expanding professional networking
From early-career to executive education, we support career growth with life sciences-specific professional development.
Our programs contribute to Colorado’s collaborative community for life sciences, with a focus on peer-to-peer learning and coaching, expanding professional networking, and building connections with leaders from our ecosystem.
Build the foundations of leadership
Foundations of Leadership Program
This three-day in-person workshop for first-time leaders and scientists new to management is designed to build the foundations of leadership by exploring the characteristics of leaders, effective communication, and teamwork skills. With interactive, peer-to-peer workshops, the program advances personal growth, professional development, and establishes new peer relationships.
Lead as You Manage
Working together, participants will:
- Explore the characteristics of leaders versus managers and discuss when and how to leverage the strengths of each role.
- Use the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, discussing strengths and risks of each type.
- Practice working with team members who have different personality types.
- Learn powerful communication skills, reviewing the elements of communication to support high-performing teams.
Build Your Skills
- Focus on strengthening the foundational skills needed to be a productive, organized, and motivational leader.
- Learn how to approach conversations and conflict with a positive mindset and exchange critical information to push projects and teams forward using the Thomas Kilmann Conflict quadrants.
- Evaluate their executive presence and influencing skills while exploring how to grow their presentation skills.
- Focus on developing and coaching others.
The Power of the Team
The foundation of every high-performing team is trust. Working together, participants will:
- Explore the elements of workplace trust and examine how they can increase trust in their current teams.
- Assess where their teams are within the cycle within Tuckman’s stages of teaming.
Additional topics to build highly motivated teams include:
- Working within strengths
- Sharing vision and values
- Intrinsic versus extrinsic rewards
- Team diversity and ensuring all team members are heard
- Working toward a shared vision and goals
Participants hone their leadership skills, build their professional networks, and advance their careers with this valuable program.
A career-defining course
Executive Leadership Program
Participants say it’s a career-defining course for life sciences executives.
The Institute’s Executive Leadership Program addresses the specific needs of leaders at growing life sciences companies. The program is designed to help key decision-makers and first-time CEOs build better businesses by learning to implement a strategic approach to problem solving, drive change through their organizations, design and motivate effective teams, and communicate plans and strategy to get to the next level of growth.
Participants hear from well-known and admired executives in the ecosystem such as:
- David Perez, former CEO of Terumo Blood & Cell Technologies and the Chairman of the Board at Advanced Instruments, LLC.
- Larry Gold, Founder and former CEO of SomaLogic.
- Jim Purvis, former Vice President of Biodesix.
- Stan Lapidus, Chair, Board of Directors at Binx Health. Founded two of the most high-impact diagnostics companies in cancer early detection, Cytyc Corp. (Thinprep Pap Test) and EXACT Sciences (Cologuard Non-Invasive Colon Cancer Test).
This course offers:
- Opportunities to network with speakers and members of the cohort, building long-term relationships with other leaders in the life sciences community.
- Peer-to-peer conversations to discuss professional and organizational challenges and opportunities.
- Connections to highly regarded guest speakers, successful entrepreneurs, and life sciences executives with a strong track record in fundraising, product launches, and successful exits.
The program emphasizes peer-to-peer networks, executive coaching, and mentoring to drive action and accountability. Consider joining this cohort-based learning community that builds deep relationships among leaders in our life sciences ecosystem.
Registrations are non-refundable and only transferable within the same organization within the same programatic year.